Our Home School Story
The summer we had our first child, I took a part-time job tutoring at Regina Caeli Academy, in Norcross, GA. The university-style hybrid model was wonderful, and I got to see firsthand how it could truly offer families the “best of both worlds.” I also was offered opportunities to visit conferences and even do some one-on-one training with Laura Berquist, author of Designing Your Own Classical Curriculum. Together, Todd and I got to know classical education like we know our alphabet. I realized that this was what my mom had been making up “on her own” for us all those years.
How We Do It
- Kept “first things first”: namely, centering our lives on our Catholic Faith
- Both found work with flex schedules and were willing to give up some earnings to “buy time” with our family
- Made sure my work was integrated into the kids’ education
- Split the household tasks and the homeschooling in ways that play to our particular (and very different!) strengths
- Reached out for community and family support for times of pregnancy (I have hyperemesis) or illness
- Set regular dates for… dating each other!!
- Making time to date
- Finding “fair” in splitting household and homeschool tasks (we spend many dates working through this!)
WE WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR THE WORLD.
Years Home Schooling Experience
Invested in Helping Your Family
We Can Help
You don't have to be perfect to home school. We certainly aren't. You just have to ask yourself, is it possible my kids and family could be happier, healthier, freer, well educated, and closer to one another if we pursue home education?
If the answer is "yes" -- or even "possibly" -- everything else is just a matter of figuring out how. We can help with that!